2015 - now - PhD, European University at St.Peretsburg, Department of political studies and sociology.
2015, September – December - UC Davis, visiting scholar at the Center for Science and Innovation Studies
2013, September – 2015, June - MA, European University at St.Petersburg, Department of political studies and sociology. Research: Ecology of innovations: Entrepreneurship in New Spaces for Techno-Science Creativity
2014, July - Democracy & Diversity Institute, The New School for Social Research, New York. Seminars attended: Romancing Violence: Theories and Practices of Political Violence (Professor Elzbieta Matynia), Participatory Democracy, “People Power” & Social Change (Professor James Miller)
2013, July - The Moscow Curatorial Summer School “This is the Show and the Show is Many Things” organized by V-A-C Foundation, June 2013, Moscow
2012, September – 2013, July - Non-degree student, Research fellow, Institute for Media, Architecture and Design "STRELKA" (Moscow). Research called “Imagination in Orbit” explored the utopian idea of Outer space that was brought to public policy and urban planning in USSR and modern Russia.
2009, September – 2012, September - Post Graduate Student (ABD), Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of Philosophy. Topic: Russian civil diplomacy at the Middle East.
2004, September – 2009, May - Higher education (Specialist degree) in political science, Lomonosov Moscow State University, Department of Political science. Thesis on the topic: Influence of civil lobbying on the aluminum industry in Russia.
1. Simonova A. Creation of space mythology as a factor of scientific research of outer space in the USSR and Russia. Sociology of power, Moscow: Russian Academy of government service, 2014 (4). p.156 - 173
2. Simonova A. Imagination in Orbit. Report of studio Foresight in Hindsight at Strelka Instutute for media, architecture and design. Moscow: Strelka press, 2013. P.74-83.
3. Simonova A. Space utopia and mythology / / in book "Foresight in Hindsight", M.: Strelka press, 2013
4. Simonova A. The problem of institutionalization of politics and religion (On establishing the title of Metropolitan of the Russian Orthodox Church and its role in the policy of Russia) / / Experimentum - 2012: Collected articles of the Department of Philosophy at Moscow state university. (ed.) Moschelkov; (Comp.) A.Vorobyov, T.Denisov. - Moscow: Publisher A. Vorobyov, 2011. - 124.
5. Simonova A. Background of Russia’s policy in the Middle East. Izvestiya of the Irkutsk State University. series Political Science. Religious, № 1, 2011
6. Simonova A. Pilgrimage as a socio-political phenomenon of Kiev Russia (X - XIII cc.) / / Experimentum - 2011: Collected articles of the Department of Philosophy at Moscow state university (ed.) Moschelkov; (Comp.) A.Vorobyov, T.Denisov. - Moscow: Publisher A. Vorobyov, 2010. - 136 p.
7. Simonova A. Down to Earth: Shanghai: China's Expatriate Megacity. Report after fieldtrip in Shanghai. website: fieldtrips.strelka.com, 2012 http://fieldtrips.strelka.com/shanghai/megacity/#/megacity-down-to-earth/